The 4 Disciplines of Execution - Achieving Your Wildly Important Goals - By Chris McChesney, Sean Covey, Jim Huling
Setting goals is about creating change.
Smart Goals Are:
- Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound
Do not be distracted by the whirlwind of other tasks.
- Look through the whirlwind and realize what is most important.
Focus on the wildly important goals.
- WIG means wildly important goal.
- Identify a wig first.
To achieve anything excellent, concentrate on it.
Focus on measures that help achieve the goal.
- Measure data that shows performance.
- While a lag measure tells if a goal is being achieved, a lead measure tells if the goal will likely be achieved.
Measure success with a scoreboard.
Structure accountability to improve success.
- Everyone is accountable to meet their WIG commitment together.
Change behaviors to achieve goals.
Focus on one or two strategic goals and critical measures.